2/07/2012

New program making azimuthal maps

I have been in work for applications to graduate schools. So I am considerably nervous!
While I was busy, I was also making a program projecting azimuthal maps.
I made a previous version a few years ago, but it was not good because it took SEVERAL MINUTES to project a map.

In the last month, I hit upon a good idea to make it fast and gathered related necessary techniques.
The new program takes only 100 milliseconds! (but I think that this implementation actually owes to Marshal class of .Net rather than my idea...)
I will upload my program and explain the calculation in my web site.


The world (azimuthal equidistant projection)

Around Japan (azimuthal equidistant projection)

The pacific ocean (azimuthal equidistant projection)

The world (azimuthal equal-area projection)

1 comment:

  1. Cool, I'm trying to do something very similar at the moment.

    ReplyDelete